Ground Services Attendant (Part-Time)
Ground Service Attendant (GSA) personnel are responsible for property surveillance, screening of all entrants entering Columbia Helicopters, Inc. property, and conduct of observation/report duties to prevent trespass, personal injury and/or property loss.
Note: This is a part-time position. 13 hours a week (8 hours worked on weekend, 5 hours worked on weekday). On-call opportunity for additional hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct visual inspections by making rounds to assigned check points at a given frequency.
- Check-in and monitor all visitors (including employees where applicable) during assigned shift.
- Monitor CCTV and other electronic security devices for evidence of trespassing or other abnormal activity.
- Facilitate emergency operations per the company contingency plan elements and chain of command during emergency events.
- Secure the facility at the close of regular business and/or special events as assigned.
- Operate forklifts to unload trucks during after hour activities.
- Recognize threats to CHI property and respond in a manner that ensures the safety and security of employees and self while minimizing personal injury and/or property loss.
- Ensure work is properly documented in logs and incident reports; follow procedures to meet established standards.
- Maintain work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in commercial or residential surveillance and/or security preferred.
- Class C Driver License in good standing required.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate ideas, concepts and instructions over a wide range of audiences at all levels both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned (dependent on facility needs).
- Conduct oneself in accordance with the company’s core values.
- Must meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as a U.S. Person.
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter indicating the specific position you are applying for by e-mail, fax, or mail to:
Columbia Helicopters, Inc.
Human Resources Department
PO Box 3500
Portland, Oregon 97208
503-678-6985 (dedicated HR Fax)
**If you have applied for other positions within the last 60 days, please indicate all of the positions you have applied for, and your preference of consideration. We will consider applicants for ONE position at a time.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check is required for all positions. Position is opened until filled.
Columbia Helicopters, Inc. (CHI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of CHI that employment decisions for all applicants and employees be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law.