Responsible for supporting engineers and producing timely and accurate drawing packages for complex aircraft electrical installations & proposals including schematic diagrams, electrical interconnect drawings, 2D harness layout drawings, 3D harness installation drawings, 3D electrical equipment installation drawings, and detailed harness net list / bill of materials. All work must be done to applicable CAD and engineering standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 40% - Develop 2D aircraft electrical interconnect wiring drawings including harnessing net list and bill of materials using working knowledge of aircraft harnessing, drafting standards and customer specifications with minimal or no supervision from sketches provided by others.
- 30% - Develop 3D harness installation drawings and electrical equipment installation drawings following quality procedures and standard design processes.
- 10% - Develop wiring processes to include inspection methods and installation procedures for incorporation into electrical design specifications referenced on drawings.
- 10% - Perform thorough review checks of own work and the work of others.
- 5% - Support troubleshooting of field wiring problems.
- 5% - Support the development of Maintenance and Installation Instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in Electrical or Electronic Design or 5+ years of aviation electrical systems engineering experience in lieu of Associates degree will be considered
- Aerospace/Rotorcraft industry experience with 3+ years drafting and design experience using electrical design software such as SolidWorks, OrCad, Zuken E3 or Mentor Graphics preferred
- CAD experience required
- Ability to understand and develop aircraft, navigation, communication and electrical system wiring diagrams and harness drawings
- Understand the use of electrical test equipment including a strong understanding of basic electrical troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to use aircraft manufactures maintenance manuals and applicable technical data
- Solid understanding of design drafting practices and engineering systems utilized in the aviation industry
- Logical, resourceful, and systematic about developing detailed drawing communications
- Ability to work independently and effectively interface with a multi-discipline engineering team and project managers
- Aptitude for detail, accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
- Must meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as a U.S. Person
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter indicating the specific position you are applying for by e-mail, fax, or mail to:
Columbia Helicopters, Inc.
Human Resources Department
PO Box 3500
Portland, Oregon 97208
503-678-6985 (dedicated HR Fax)
**If you have applied for other positions within the last 60 days, please indicate all of the positions you have applied for, and your preference of consideration. We will consider applicants for ONE position at a time.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check is required for all positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Position is opened until filled.