Drive & Rotor Technician
This representative performs overhaul, repair, inspections and testing of various drive & rotor components and parts.
- Read and interprets maintenance manuals, or other technical data to determine the feasibility and method to perform the assigned tasks.
- Cleans and inspects drive & rotor components and parts for damage and wear using visual examination and special tooling and equipment. Follows shop standard work procedures for clean-up and equipment preventive maintenance.
- Replaces or repairs damaged or worn drive & rotor parts using general hand tools, special tools, pneumatic tools and precision measuring equipment. Assembles components with same tools and equipment.
- Performs tests and/or checks as required to confirm drive & rotor parts serviceability utilizing special tools and equipment.
- Properly documents all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records to meet established standards.
- Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
- Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
- Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality and safety, decrease lead time and reduce cost.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required, further education or advance instruction relative to technical field is desirable
- Experience with Boeing 107/CH46 or Boeing 234/CH47 transmission components and or rotor head components preferred
- Documented military or commercial transmission or rotor head maintenance and/or component maintenance training preferred
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license preferred
- Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment
- Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
- Ability to work in a shop environment or work outdoors locally or in remote locations as needed for customer support
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Must meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as a U.S. Person
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter indicating the specific position you are applying for by e-mail, fax, or mail to:
Columbia Helicopters, Inc.
Human Resources Department
PO Box 3500
Portland, Oregon 97208
503-678-6985 (dedicated HR Fax)
**If you have applied for other positions within the last 60 days, please indicate all of the positions you have applied for, and your preference of consideration. We will consider applicants for ONE position at a time.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check is required for all positions. Position is opened until filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.