ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for serving as second-in-command on Columbia Model 107-II or 234 helicopters (as appropriate) for logging, construction, fire-fighting and passenger operations.
- Performs appropriate duties as assigned by the PIC and operates the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with all appropriate FAR’s and rotorcraft flight manuals.
- Maintains currency in the type aircraft flown, proficiency in Part 91, Part 133, Part 135, Part 137 as appropriate to the position and current medical certificate IAW FAR Part 67.
- Maintains communications with crew, maintenance and all office departments
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of principles and functions of aircraft systems
- US Commercial Pilot License or higher with Rotorcraft-Helicopter class rating
- Second Class or higher FAA medical certification
- Communicate in a positive and constructive manner
- Work with maintenance personnel to maintain aircraft in an airworthy condition
- Minimum of 1500 helicopter flight hours (preferred), 1000 PIC hours (required)
- Instrument rating (preferred)
- Long line experience (preferred)
- Ability to travel and work away from home in remote and austere living conditions
- Understand maneuvers, procedures, and emergency operations appropriate to the aircraft flown
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secretary Secuirty Clearance
- Must be able to meet medical and immunization requirements
- Hold a current US Passport and be able to work Internationally
- Must be aeromedically fit to fly an unpressurized aircraft
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
- Must meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as a U.S. Person
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter indicating the specific position you are applying for by e-mail, fax, or mail:
Columbia Helicopters, Inc.
Human Resources Department
PO Box 3500
Portland, Oregon 97208
503-678-6985 (dedicated HR Fax)
**If you have applied for other positions within the last 60 days, please indicate all of the positions you have applied for, and your preference of consideration. We will consider applicants for ONE position at a time.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check is required for all positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Position is opened until filled.